What a great night we all had and a great success for our club. In front of an audience of over 90 people the Nelson Twins had all and sundry laughing all the way through while introducing Evan and Pommy Johnson who also had us all in stitches. The club was also able to raise valuable funds to assist running the cricket programs and keeping Junior subs to a minimum. Those that were there will be talking about this for ages. To those who missed out, well I’m sorry but you missed out on an awesome nights entertainment, But don’t despair, this proved to be such a success and enjoyed by all we are already looking toward another comedy night featuring the Nelson Twins and co. for next season. Well done to Brendan Doyle and Justin Nelson for organising the night and Club Sunbury for making the facilities available.
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2015 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
A New York City subway train holds 1,200 people. This blog was viewed about 7,100 times in 2015. If it were a NYC subway train, it would take about 6 trips to carry that many people.
We need to start planning for catering purposes, please inform us of your intention to attend – tables of 8 available – bookings essential – call Brendan 0426 244 187 or e-mail email@example.com
MELBOURNE CUP CALCUTTA
Date / time: Sunday 01st November , 2015 / 11.30am to 4.00pm
Venue: Club Sunbury, 49 Riddell Road Sunbury
Cost: $ 15.00 per head, includes roast lunch
Drinks: at bar prices
Tables of 8 available – bookings essential – please call Brendan 0426 244 187 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1st place – 70% of prize pool. Half share to owner of horse, half share to buyer of horse
- 2nd place – 20% of prize pool. Half share to owner of horse, half share to buyer of horse
- 3rd place – 10% of prize pool. Half share to owner of horse, half share to buyer of horse
- The starting price pool will start at $ 1000
Calcutta / auction rules:
- Tickets will go on sale Thursday…
View original post 132 more words
Sunbury Cricket Club
With the season upon us this is a timely reminder to take steps to look after each other by making sure we all return home safely after a day of cricket or an evening of celebration.
Safe Transport Policy
The Sunbury Cricket Club recognises that on occasions alcohol may be served at special functions and that as a club we are responsible for the safety of our members. In doing so the club shall ensure our members are aware of this policy and are encouraged to make alternative transport arrangements when consuming alcohol at such functions.
- SBC staff and Committee shall encourage members and visitors to make alternate safe transport arrangements if they are considered to exceed .05 blood alcohol concentration.
- Telephone calls will be made free of charge to arrange a taxi or other transport.
- In specific cases, where a designated driver who has been nominated that person has accepted the responsibility to drive others home safely, will be provided non alcoholic drinks free of charge by the club.
- In specific cases and where available club transport will be provided to/from events.
- In specific cases Committee may pre-order taxis to arrive at the venue at the conclusion of a function.
To ensure this policy remains relevant to club operations and reflects community expectations the policy will be reviewed annually.
Signed: Sunbury Cricket Club Committee Date: 1st October 2016
It’s on tomorrow …see you there.
JUNIOR AND MILO In2Cricket
Sunbury Cricket Club is holding its 2015/16 Season registration day for Junior teams and Milo In2Cricket. Junior teams include Under 11, 12, 14 & 16 and Milo In2Cricket for ages 5-10.
Sunbury Bowling Club Riddell Rd. Sunbury.
Thursday, 3rd of September between 5.30 pm and 7.30 pm.
Coordinators urgently required or program may not happen
All Players aged 5 to 10: $75 per player
Registration fee includes 8 week program, Milo in2CRICKET participant pack (cricket bag, bat, ball, hat, shirt & drink bottle) and family BBQ at the conclusion of the program.
Coaches for all teams have been announced. If you are interested…
View original post 113 more words
Senior pre-season training commences
10am, 9th August, Clarke Oval nets
Yes, it’s that time of the year again. I know you could hardly wait so here it is, training starts 10am, Sunday, 9th August, at Clarke Oval nets. We would like to see as many numbers at training as possible to start off the new season. We will be having a bit of a get together after training at the Bowling Club.
Get in touch with your team mates and invite your friends, the more the merrier.
Preseason training :
Sundays commencing 9th August – 10.00am to 11.30am
Future sessions will vary due to availability and the weather. We will also be holding sessions at Sunbury Indoor Sports at a cost: $5 per session.
Keep your eye on SCC Facebook for updates on training.
See you all there, cheers Moose.