Sunbury Cricket Club
With the season upon us this is a timely reminder to take steps to look after each other by making sure we all return home safely after a day of cricket or an evening of celebration.
Safe Transport Policy
The Sunbury Cricket Club recognises that on occasions alcohol may be served at special functions and that as a club we are responsible for the safety of our members. In doing so the club shall ensure our members are aware of this policy and are encouraged to make alternative transport arrangements when consuming alcohol at such functions.
- SBC staff and Committee shall encourage members and visitors to make alternate safe transport arrangements if they are considered to exceed .05 blood alcohol concentration.
- Telephone calls will be made free of charge to arrange a taxi or other transport.
- In specific cases, where a designated driver who has been nominated that person has accepted the responsibility to drive others home safely, will be provided non alcoholic drinks free of charge by the club.
- In specific cases and where available club transport will be provided to/from events.
- In specific cases Committee may pre-order taxis to arrive at the venue at the conclusion of a function.
To ensure this policy remains relevant to club operations and reflects community expectations the policy will be reviewed annually.
Signed: Sunbury Cricket Club Committee Date: 1st October 2016